Digital signature certificate aka DSC is a secure digital key that certified the identity of the holder. It is issued by a certifying authority with one year validity and two year validity. If you are seeking professional assistance for acquiring any class of DSC without hassles, then come directly to SJ&A. We are based in Baghpat (Uttar Pradesh, India) and can be your trusted partner for acquiring DSC in less time.
What is Digital Signature !
- A Digital Signature Certificate, like hand written signature, establishes the identity of the sender filing the documents through internet which sender can not revoke or deny. Accordingly, Digital Signature Certificate is a digital equivalent of a hand written signature which has an extra data attached electronically to any message or a document.
- Digital Signature also ensures that no alterations are made to the data once the document has been digitally signed. A DSC is normally valid for 1 or 2 years, after which it can be renewed
- A Digital Signature is a method of verifying the authenticity of an electronic document.
- Digital signatures are going to play an important role in our lives with the gradual electronization of records and documents.
- The IT Act has given legal recognition to digital signature meaning, thereby, that legally it has the same value as handwritten or signed signatures affixed to a document for its verification.
- The Information Technology Act, 2000 provides the required legal sanctity to the digital signatures based on asymmetric cryptosystems. The digital signatures are now accepted at par with handwritten signatures and the electronic documents that have been digitally signed are treated at par with paper documents.
There are following types of Digital Signatures :-
Class 2 Digital Signature Certificates for Income Tax Return e-filing, ROC / MCA 21
- Class 2 Digital signature certificates are issued to Individual or organization for various purposes. Class 2 A digital signatures for individuals is personal certificate that provides second highest level of assurance within the RCAI hierarchy setup by CCA ( Controller of Certifying Authorities) in India which is mainly used for MCA21, ROC, Income Tax e-filing, sign a word or excel file, sign e-mail sent through Outlook and many more !!
- Class 2 Digital Signature are used by Chartered Accountants or Company Secretary for their clients, for himself, for existing directors, for new company incorporation, for practicing CA or CS or ICWA.
Class 3 Digital Signature Certificates for e-Tendering / e-Procurement/e-Bidding/e-Ticketing/e-Auction/e-Bidding
- Class 3 a/b digital signature certificates are issued to Individual or organization for various purposes. Class 3 A/B digital signatures for individuals/Organization is certificate that provides highest level of assurance within the RCAI hierarchy setup by CCA ( Controller of Certifying Authorities) in India which is mainly used for e-tendering or e-procurement or e-bidding.
- To participate in the e-tendering process, every vendor is required to use a Class 3B Digital Signature Certificate. Class 3 Digital Signatures are issued to individuals, organizations and devices and applicable for personal and commercial use. Typically, they are used for Electronic Data Exchange ( EDI ) , internet banking/broking-tendering and other web-based transactions where confidentiality and authenticity are critical.
What is the difference between Class 3 Digital Signature issued to Individuals or Organizations ?
- Individual ( Class 3 a Digital Signature Certificates) : Class 3a Individual certificates issued to individuals or devices and encompass primarily high end security-sensitive online activity.
- Organization ( Class 3b Digital Signature certificates) : Class 3b Organization certificates those are used for signing, encryption, electronic access control, e-commerce, and online financial transactions that require a strong assertion of the customer's identity. The validation procedures for class 3 Organization certificates includes confirmation that the org. does in fact exist, authorization from the org. for the certificate applicant.
DGFT Digital Signature Certificates for Importers-Exporters
DGFT Digital Signature is one of the many types of Digital Signature Certificates which is only provided by two certifying authorities ( CA) in India i.e. (n)Code Solutions & Safe Scrypt. Safe Scrypt launch this product with name Safe EXIM or Safeexim or Safe-Exim where as (n)Code Solutions launch this with name (n)exim or (n)Exim or (n) Exim.